How to Roll Like a Ball in Pilates
In Pilates, “rolling like a ball” is a fun and challenging exercise to work your core.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start sitting up at the top of your mat on your sits bones with your knees bent.
- Pull your naval in towards your spine, as if you were getting punched in the stomach and were pulling away from the punch.
- Hug your knees in towards your chest, but keep enough space so that there’s room for a basketball in between your chest and thighs.
- Keep your legs together, hugging in towards the mid-line, and gently lift your toes off of the ground.
- Inhale, and then exhale and slowly roll back onto the tip of your shoulder blades, and then roll back up to seated without touching your feet on the ground.
- Balance here, and then begin to roll again. Repeat ten times.
Mansour from Step It Up with Steph has some great tips for living a
more happy, healthy, and fit lifestyle. Check back each week for a
new, fun, and easy way to live better, eat healthier, and experience
Meghan Olson Date 2/3/2013
I used 2 do Pilates when i was younger...this is makin me want 2 start doin it again every now and then with my YoGa. :o)