Lentils are packed full of goodness. These high fiber legumes help lower blood pressure, have tons of vitamins and minerals, and will warm you up on cold winter days. Absolutely, delicously nutritious! Healthy and easy lentil soup crock pot recipes are great for moms on the go, college students or anyone else in-between that hasn’t quite yet mastered the art of healthy cooking.
1 lb bag lentils (rinsed)2 cartons (32oz each) low sodium chicken broth (can substitute vegetable broth to make it vegan)
2-3 large carrots, chopped
1 yellow onion (chopped)
2 medium tomatoes (cubed) OR 1 can diced tomatoes.
4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 can tomato paste
2 tsps ground cumin
1 tsp dried thyme
Throw it all in the crock pot and mix. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Studio Of The Month For October
- Eight Tips For A Better Yoga Practice
- Converting To An At Home Practice
- The Guide to Pain From Your Yoga Practice: Recognizing the Difference Between Good Pain and Bad Pain
- Fast And Effective Toning With Yoga Balls
- 5 Ways To Make Your Yoga Students Happy
- 8 Yoga Mats To Beat The Heat
- Poses For Posture
- Eco-Friendly Yoga Gear for the Environmentally Conscious
- Best Ways To Utilize Yoga Blankets
Posted by Sky Andersen on 3/5/2015