Posted by Pete on 11/13/2012 to
If you feel like your shoulders are rolling forward and you’ve started hunching over, here are some stretches to do with a strap to open up your shoulders and improve your posture:
- Hold the strap above your head with both hands. Place your hands about 2 feet apart.
- Then, try to pull the strap out to the sides. By pulling with your right and left hand, the strap will not move, but you will engage your arm muscles.
- Bring the strap up above your head, and lean over to the right, then lean over to the left.
- Come back to center, and bend the elbows as you bring the strap behind your head. Try to stretch the armpits and keep the shoulders back.
- Move the strap behind you and in front of you to continue opening up the shoulders and armpits.