Here’s how to make sure your body is aligned in Warrior I:
- Start with your right foot pointed directly to the front of your mat. Then step your left leg back and turn your left foot at an angle to the front left corner of your mat. Feet should be a few feet apart, with heel to heel alignment.
- Next, turn your hips so that both hips are facing towards the front of the room. If this is impossible, step your right foot out to the right a little bit. This will make your feet be about hips distance apart instead of having heel to heel alignment, which is fine.
- Then, bend your right knee just over the right ankle. Keep the left leg straight and strong, engaging the quad.
- Reach the arms forward and up, palms facing towards each other.
- Lift up and out of your waistline while pulling your naval in towards your spine.
Mansour from Step It Up with Steph has some great tips for living a
more happy, healthy, and fit lifestyle. Check back each week for a
new, fun, and easy way to live better, eat healthier, and experience
The 4 Necessary Props for Your Yoga Space
What Happened When I Tried this 14 Day Lemon Detox
Choosing the Right Yoga Bolster for You
My First Hot Yoga Experience
Yoga Accessories Guide: How to Best Use Your Products
Yoga Accessories Guide: How to Take Care of Your Yoga Products
Yoga Pose Sequence for Flat Tummy
Use Yoga Blocks to Get Into the Splits
Take Our Quiz: Which Style of Yoga is Right for You?
Which Foods to Eat Per Chakra
Yoga Poses to Aid with Menopause Symptoms
Can You Overdo it On Probiotics?
The Live Well Project
Why You Should Try Yoga Barre
Yoga Therapy is a Serious Healthcare Option
How Yoga Blocks Can Deepen Your Practice
5 Meditation Tips for Beginners
How To Find The Best Mala For You
5 Poses to Get You to Arm Balances
Stretch It Out! Yoga Poses for Sore Wrists
8 Tips To Simplify Your Life And Find Peace
Our Favorite Yoga Accessories Gifts Under $50!
Does Yoga Burn Calories?
The Benefits of Weight Training for Yogis and How to Get Started
Yoga Mudras for Beginners: 7 Mudras to Get You Started