How to Roll Like a Ball in Pilates
In Pilates, “rolling like a ball” is a fun and challenging exercise to work your core.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start sitting up at the top of your mat on your sits bones with your knees bent.
- Pull your naval in towards your spine, as if you were getting punched in the stomach and were pulling away from the punch.
- Hug your knees in towards your chest, but keep enough space so that there’s room for a basketball in between your chest and thighs.
- Keep your legs together, hugging in towards the mid-line, and gently lift your toes off of the ground.
- Inhale, and then exhale and slowly roll back onto the tip of your shoulder blades, and then roll back up to seated without touching your feet on the ground.
- Balance here, and then begin to roll again. Repeat ten times.
Mansour from Step It Up with Steph has some great tips for living a
more happy, healthy, and fit lifestyle. Check back each week for a
new, fun, and easy way to live better, eat healthier, and experience
Meghan Olson Date
The Live Well Project
Why You Should Try Yoga Barre
Yoga Therapy is a Serious Healthcare Option
How Yoga Blocks Can Deepen Your Practice
5 Meditation Tips for Beginners
How To Find The Best Mala For You
5 Poses to Get You to Arm Balances
Stretch It Out! Yoga Poses for Sore Wrists
8 Tips To Simplify Your Life And Find Peace
Our Favorite Yoga Accessories Gifts Under $50!
Does Yoga Burn Calories?
The Benefits of Weight Training for Yogis and How to Get Started
Yoga Mudras for Beginners: 7 Mudras to Get You Started
Hit the Road! How to Take Your Yoga Practice With You While Travelling
5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Self-Confidence
Apple Cider Vinegar: Magic Elixir
5 things that will happen when you start practicing yoga
How to Create a Home Yoga Sanctuary
Get Glowing With Yoga!
Broga: Why Guys Should Get Excited About Yoga
Different Yoga Styles Explained
10 Things About Yoga That Might Surprise You
Don't Eat This After Yoga
When in Doubt, Just Breathe
7 Hip Opener Yoga Poses To Release Negativity