Posted by Devin McGlynn on 1/8/2013 to
How to Roll Like a Ball in Pilates
In Pilates, “rolling like a ball” is a fun and challenging exercise to work your core.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start sitting up at the top of your mat on your sits bones with your knees bent.
- Pull your naval in towards your spine, as if you were getting punched in the stomach and were pulling away from the punch.
- Hug your knees in towards your chest, but keep enough space so that there’s room for a basketball in between your chest and thighs.
- Keep your legs together, hugging in towards the mid-line, and gently lift your toes off of the ground.
- Inhale, and then exhale and slowly roll back onto the tip of your shoulder blades, and then roll back up to seated without touching your feet on the ground.
- Balance here, and then begin to roll again. Repeat ten times.