Posted by Pete on 11/6/2012 to
Tadasana may seem like an “easy” pose, but it’s really quite involved! Here are some ways to Step It Up in Tadasana:
- Stand with your feet as wide as your hips. Lift your toes up, and gently place them on the mat. Make sure not to grip your toes.
- Engage your quads to pull your kneecaps up and support your knees. Squeeze your upper thighs to engage your quads.
- Pull your naval in gently towards your spine.
- Bring your shoulders up towards your ears, back, and down.
- Bring your chin back to keep your neck in line with the rest of your spine.
- Finally, rest your arms at your sides, and turn your palms face out towards the front of the room.